USF allows students to receive up to 45 semester hours of credit towards the baccalaureate degree upon successful completion of any of the examinations listed on this page. For more information, see USF System Policy 10-017.
Additional information on exam credits is published by the Florida Department of Education.
Performance levels necessary to achieve credit have been established and are listed under each exam. Credit earned through one examination program may not be duplicated by another examination or course.
Courses denoted with an asterisk (*) are not currently offered at USF; however, they may satisfy elective or prerequisite requirements for other courses or academic programs offered at USF.
Advanced International Certificate of Education AICE
The AICE program is an international, advanced secondary curriculum and assessment program equivalent to the British system of “A-Levels.” AS-Level courses are comprised of curriculum lasting one academic year. A-Level courses encompass all AS-Level curriculum as well as additional topics. A-Level coursework is completed over two academic years. Information about the program, including course syllabi, can be found on-line at http://www.cie.org.uk/countries/usa.
Students may be awarded a maximum of 30 semester credit hours for these exams beginning with the Fall 2019 catalog.
Score A - E
Score A - E
|Applied ICT - Information, Communication Technology||3||6|
|Art & Design||
|Design & Technology||
|Global Perspectives I||
|Global Perspectives Pre-U Independent Research II||N/A||
|History, European History, c.1789-1917||
|History, European History, c.1789-1941||N/A||
|History, International Relations/History, c.1871-1945||
|History, International Relations/History, c.1871-1991||N/A||
|History, US History, c.1840-1941||
|History, US History, c.1840-1990||N/A||
|Travel and Tourism||
- USF does not currently offer this course; however, it may satisfy elective or prerequisite requirements for other courses or academic programs offered at USF. The minimum credits for the course or course numbers listed will be awarded, even if USF does not offer this course.
- The discontinued label indicates that the associated test is no longer administered. Credit equivalencies are provided for students who already have taken the exam.
- Award credit for LIT 2000 if student has credit for ENC 1102.
- Award credit for ENC 1102 if student has credit for ENC 1101.
- Award credit for ENC 1102/LIT 1006 if student has credit for ENC 1101.
- Pre-U Level results are reported on a 9-point scale of grades: Distinction (D)1, D2, D3, Merit (M) 1, M2, M3, Pass (P) 1, P2, P3 with grade D1 being the highest and grade P3 the lowest. Pre U grade D2 = A Level exam grade A* and a P3 is > A level grade E.
- Choice of MUH X011 or MUH X012 dependent on musical selections in Components 3, 4, and 5.
- Other Hospitality Management related credit.
Back to top
Information is subject to change. Current as of June 25, 2019
For more information, see FLDOE Articulation Coordinating Committee Credit-by-Exam Equivalencies.
USF Testing Services accommodates USF and non-USF customers, and delivers more than 1,000 exams per month. For more information, see https://www.usf.edu/testing-services/.