Undergraduate Catalog 2017-2018
23 Credit Hours
College of The Arts
Minor DescriptionThe Theatre minor is structured to give students an overview of drama and theatre, in terms of history, performance, and criticism. The curriculum involves the student in both the practical and theoretical aspects of the theatre process. The minor offers ample opportunities for students to apply their skills onstage and/or backstage.
Total Minor Hours - 23 Hours
Core Courses - 16 Hours
- THE 2020 Introduction to Theatre
- TPP 2110 Acting I
- TPP 2190 Studio Theatre Performance I
- TPA 2292 Production Involvement I
- TPA 2200 Introduction to Technical Theatre I
- TPA 2290L Technical Theatre Lab I
- TPA 2211 Introduction to Technical Theatre II or TPA 2220 Introduction to Technical Theatre III
- TPA 2291L Technical Theatre Lab II or TPA 2220L Technical Theatre Lab III
Elective Courses - 7 Hours
A minimum of seven (7) credits hours chosen from courses with the following prefix: THE; TPP; TPA and with the approval of the advisor.
Additional Minor Requirements
All audition and portfolio requirements apply.