Undergraduate Catalog 2017-18
+ More About this Major
Quantitative Economics and Econometrics (QEE)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)8 Semester Plan
120 Credit Hours
CIP Code: 45.0601
College of Arts & Sciences
The B.S. in Quantitative Economics and Econometrics is a baccalaureate degree focusing on the more analytical and applied aspects of economics, including forecasting, program and business evaluation, benefit/cost analysis and economic impact analysis.
College Level Requirements
State Mandated Common Course Prerequisites
Students wishing to transfer to USF should complete an A.A. degree at a Florida College System institution. Some courses required for the major may also meet General Education requirements thereby transferring maximum hours to the university.
If a student wishes to transfer without an A.A. degree and has fewer than 60 semester hours of acceptable credit, the student must meet the university’s entering freshman requirements including ACT or SAT test scores, GPA, and course requirements.
Transfer students are also required to comply with the immunization, foreign language, and continuous enrollment policies of the university.
Students should complete the following prerequisite courses at the lower level prior to entering the university. If these courses are not taken at a Florida College System institution, they must be completed before the degree is granted.
Unless stated otherwise, a grade of C is the minimum acceptable grade in prerequisite courses.
- ECO X013 Economic Principles: Macroeconomics or ECO XXXX
- ECO X023 Economic Principles: Microeconomics or ECO XXXX
Total Major Hours: 33 Hours
Major Core Courses - 30 Hours
- ECO 2013 Economic Principles: Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 Economic Principles: Microeconomics
- ECO 2052 Analytical Tools for Economists
- ECO 3101 Intermediate Price Theory
- ECO 3203 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECO 4401 Introduction to Mathematical Economics
- ECO 4421 Introduction to Econometrics
- STA 2023 Introductory Statistics I
- Choose two of the following courses:
Major Elective Courses - 3 Hours
- ECO 3703 International Economics
- ECO 4303 History of Economic Thought
- ECO 4504 Public Finance
- ECO 4704 International Trade and Policy
- ECP 3203 Labor Economics
- ECP 3302 Environmental Economics
- ECP 3403 Industrial Organization
- ECP 3413 Economics of Regulation and Antitrust
- ECP 3530 Economics of Health
- ECP 3613 Urban Economics
- ECP 3623 Regional Economics
- ECP 4006 Economics of Sport
- ECP 4451 Law and Economics
- ECP 4505 Economics of Crime
- ECP 4510 Economics of Education
- ECS 3013 Economic Development
- ECS 4003 Comparative Economic Systems