Undergraduate Catalog 2017-18
Business Analytics and Information Systems
15 Credit Hours
Muma College of Business
This certificate is designed exclusively for non-business majors. This program provides the information systems and business analytics knowledge - without having to pursue a business minor - that will help students in these and other disciplines land a job where they can apply their skills in a corporate systems or analytics setting.
There are no pre-requisites to begin the certificate and the sections set aside for this program are created with the non-business major in mind. While there is no specific point of entry for the program, there is a preferred sequence of coursework, starting with the Information Systems in Organizations class and ending with a specialized Business Intelligence course. All courses are available online.
Total Certificate Hours - 15 Hours
Core Courses - 15 Hours
- ISM 3011 Information Systems in Organizations
- ISM 3113 Systems Analysis and Design (PR: ISM 3011; Co-PR: ISM 3232)
- ISM 3232 Business Application Development (PR: ISM 3011)
- ISM 4212 Database Design and Administration (PR: ISM 3113)
- ISM 4930 Selected Topics in MIS: Excel and SQL for Business Analytics (PR: ISM 3011)