Undergraduate Catalog 2016-17
+ More About this Major
Long Term Care Administration (LTC)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)8 Semester Plan
120 Credit Hours
CIP Code: 51.0701
College of Behavioral & Community Sciences
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Long Term Care Administration provides students with a basic education in gerontology and allows graduates of the program to sit for the licensure examination to become Nursing Home Administrators. It is especially appropriate for students who intend to begin working immediately following completion of the degree program.
College Level Requirements
State Mandated Common Course Prerequisites
Students wishing to transfer to USF should complete an A.A. degree at a Florida College System institution. Some courses required for the major may also meet General Education requirements thereby transferring maximum hours to the university.
If a student wishes to transfer without an A.A. degree and has fewer than 60 semester hours of acceptable credit, the student must meet the university’s entering freshman requirements including ACT or SAT test scores, GPA, and course requirements.
Transfer students are also required to comply with the immunization, foreign language, and continuous enrollment policies of the university.
Students should complete the following prerequisite courses at the lower level prior to entering the university. If these courses are not taken at a Florida College System institution, they must be completed before the degree is granted.
Unless stated otherwise, a grade of C is the minimum acceptable grade in prerequisite courses.
Total Major Hours: 39 Hours
Major Core Courses - 39 Hours
- ISM 3011 Information Systems in Organizations (P.R. CGS 2100)
- MAN 3301 Human Resource Management
- GEY 3601 Physical Changes and Aging
- GEY 4608 Alzheimer's Disease Management (P.R. GEY 2000)
- GEY 4475 Program Evaluation in an Aging Society
- GEY 4641 Death and Dying
- GEY 4507 Understanding Policies and Practices of Long Term Care (P.R. GEY 2000)
- GEY 4508 Health Care Operations (P.R. GEY 4507 and ACG 2021)
- GEY 4509 Regulatory and Clinical Operations (P.R. GEY 4508 and ACG 2021)
- GEY 4520 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- GEY 4945 Internship
The following electives are not required for the major but are strongly recommended: