Undergraduate Catalog 2015-2016
Maternal and Child Health (PMC)
15 Credit Hours
College of Public Health
The Maternal and Child Health Minor in the College of Public Health prepares students for work in community-based organizations that focus on major public health problems of women, children and families, especially among culturally diverse and under-served populations.
Total Minor Hours - 15 Hours
Core Courses - 9 Hours
- HSC 4579 Foundations of Maternal and Child Health
- HSC 4172 Women’s Health: A Public Health Perspective
- PHC 4141 Intervention Program Planning and Management (PR: PHC 4051)
Elective Courses - 6 Hours
Public Health majors may choose from this list of electives
- HSC 2130 Sex, Health, and Decision Making
- HUN 3296 Nutrition and Disease
- PHC 3721 Research Methods in Environmental and Occupational Health
- HSC 4573 Foundations of Food Safety
- PHC 4501 Health Education Theory and Behavior
- HSC 4933 Global Epidemiology of Pregnancy and Birth
Note: Any of the above courses taken for the Public Health major may not be utilized for the minor.
Non-Public Health majors may chose electives from this list of courses only:
- HSC 4624 Foundations of Global Health
- PHC 4030 Introduction to Epidemiology*
- HSC 4211 Health, Behavior, and Society*
- PHC 4069 Biostatistics in Society*
Please check with your advisor in the College of Public Health for additional elective courses. For students who are in the undergraduate Public Health major, you cannot select courses that are required for your undergraduate program as your elective course.
Additional Minor Requirements
For students who are in the undergraduate Public Health major, you cannot select courses that are required for your undergraduate program as your elective course.
Additional Minor Information
Declaration of Minor:
It is highly recommended that students meet with an advisor in the College of Public Health early to verify coursework for the minor.
For additional information about the minor, please contact:
- Email: UG-PublicHealthAdvising@health.usf.edu, Phone: (813) 974-4633