Undergraduate Catalog 2015-2016
Accounting (for Business majors only) (ACC)
12 Credit Hours
Muma College of Business
The Accounting minor is available to all Undergraduate Muma College of Business students, except those majoring in Accounting. All required 12 credit hours must be taken in residence at USF-Tampa. A grade of C (not C-) or better must be earned in each of the four upper-level Accounting courses taken. A GPA of 2.0 or higher must be achieved in all minor coursework. All attempts will be included in the GPA unless grade forgiveness has been used. Only one grade forgiveness may be used in the minor.
Please see "Additional Minor Information" below for the required competency exam information.
Total Minor Hours - 12 Hours
Core Courses - 12 Hours
- ACG 3103 Intermediate Financial Accounting I*
- ACG 3341 Cost Accounting and Control I*
- ACG 3401 Accounting Information Systems
- TAX 4001 Concepts of Federal Income Taxation
Additional Minor Requirements
The Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy has additional admission requirements beyond the entry requirements to the Muma College of Business. The two additional requirements are:
- Score at least a 75 percent on the “competency exam” that covers material from ACG 2021 Principles of Financial Accounting and ACG 2071 Principles of Managerial Accounting prior to taking any ACG or TAX course at the 3000-level or higher; and
- Successful completion of ACG 3103 Intermediate Financial Accounting I and ACG 3341 Cost Accounting and Control I, with a minimum grade of C, not C- and no more than two attempts cumulatively between ACG 3101 and ACG 3341. “W” grades count as an attempt
A student will be able to take the competency exam a maximum of two times. If a student does not make the minimum 75 percent passing grade within the second attempt, the student will not be allowed to take any 3000-level or higher ACG or TAX course unless he/she retakes ACG 2021 and then passes the competency exam at the minimum specified level of 75 percent. The prerequisites for ACG 3103 and ACG 3341 require students to earn a grade of C, not C- in both ACG 2021 and ACG 2071. ACG 3103 and ACG 3341 are co-requisites, meaning that students admitted to the Accounting minor must take these two courses concurrently. Students who fail to obtain a minimum grade of C (not C-) in ACG 3103 and ACG 3341 within two cumulative attempts will be withdrawn from the minor, as appropriate. “W” grades count as an attempt.
Accounting courses must be no older than five (5) years to count for degree credit.
A student may petition the Director for an exception to the policy and the Director may grant or deny such a petition, at his/her discretion.
A GPA of 2.0 or higher must be achieved in all minor coursework. All attempts will be included in the GPA unless grade forgiveness has been used. Only one grade forgiveness may be used in the minor.
Grade RequirmentA grade of C (not C-) or better must be earned in each of the four upper-level Accounting courses taken.
All 12 credit hours must be taken in residence at USF-Tampa.