Undergraduate Catalog 2015-16
+ More About this Major
French (FRE) with a concentration in International Studies and Business (IFB)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)8 Semester Plan
120 Credit Hours
CIP Code: 16.0901
College of Arts & Sciences
Concentration DescriptionThis French Language/International Studies and Business Concentration offers students an exciting well-rounded program for today's global society. Necessary "cultural baggage" in French promotes a graduate's success in fields related to International Studies (politics and government, for example) and in Business (global finance, for example).
College Level Requirements
State Mandated Common Course Prerequisites
Students wishing to transfer to USF should complete the A.A. degree at a Florida College System institution. Some courses required for the major may also meet General Education Requirements thereby transferring maximum hours to the university. If students transfer without an A.A. degree and have fewer than 60 semester hours of acceptable credit, the students must meet the university’s entering freshman requirements including ACT or SAT test scores, GPA, and course requirements.
To complete a major in French, students should demonstrate proficiency at the intermediate level within the target language. This may be accomplished by completing 6-12 hours within the language or by demonstrated competency at the intermediate level. If this coursework (or associated competency) is not completed at a Florida College System institution, it must be completed before the degree is granted. A grade of “C” is the minimum acceptable grade.
Total Major Hours: 63 Hours
Concentration Core Courses - 63 Hours
- Core courses in French required for the major (15 credit hours):
- Supporting courses in French required for the major (9 credit hours): Choose from the list below:
- Required courses in International Studies (9 credit hours):
- Required courses in Business (18 credit hours):
- Supporting courses in Business (6 credit hours):
- Choose any two (2) upper-level International Business courses.
- Required overseas study courses and/or area studies courses (6 credit hours):
- Select six (6) overseas study credit hours or three (3) credit hours overseas study plus three (3) credit hours area studies courses planned with an advisor.