Undergraduate Catalog 2014-2015
Biomedical Engineering (EBI)
15 Credit Hours
College of Engineering
Minor DescriptionThe Biomedical Engineering minor is open to all Engineering majors and other students who meet the prerequisites listed below. For Engineering majors, at least nine (9) credit hours beyond the B.S. in any Engineering discipline must be completed for the B
Biomedical engineering minor.
Student must register with the Department of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering's undergraduate advisor prior to starting this minor.
No course used for the major may be used for the minor.
Total Minor Hours - 15 Hours
Core InformationThis Biomedical Engineering minor is a 15-credit hour program that is open to all Engineering majors and other students who meet the prerequisites listed under additional minor requirements.
Core Courses - 6 Hours
Elective Courses - 9 HoursThe remaining 9 credit hours can be taken from the following list:
- ECH 4931 Special Topics in Chemical Engineering*
- PHZ 4702 Applications of Physics to Biology & Medicine I
- PHZ 4703 Applications of Physics to Biology & Medicine II
- BCH 3023 Introductory Biochemistry
- EIN 4313C Human Factors
- BME 5320 Theory and Design of Bioprocesses
- BME 5040 Pharmaceutical Engineering
- BME 4332 Cell and Tissue Engineering
- BME 4440 Introduction to Bioastronautics
- ECH 5748 Selected Topics in Biomedical Engineering**
- BME 5748 Selected Topics in Biomedical Engineering**
*The list of approved special topics courses is below.
- ECH 4931 Bioseparations
- ECH 4931 Chemical/Bio Sensors & Mircofabrication
- ECH 4931 Nanomedicine
- ECH 4931 Modern Biomedical Technologies
- ECH 4931 Engineering Physiology
- ECH 4931 Research Design Methods & Interpretations
- ECH 4931 Biomedical Image Processing
- ECH 4931 or EEL 4936 Bioelectricity