Undergraduate Catalog 2013-14
+ More About this Major
Long Term Care Administration (LTC)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)8 Semester Plan
120 Credit Hours
CIP Code: 51.0701
College of Behavioral & Community Sciences
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Long Term Care Administration provides students with a basic education in gerontology and allows graduates of the program to sit for the licensure examination to become Nursing Home Administrators. It is especially appropriate for students who intend to begin working immediately following completion of the degree program.
College Level Requirements
State Mandated Common Course PrerequisitesThose students seeking the Bachelor's degree in Long Term Care Administration should complete the prerequisite courses listed below. Unless stated otherwise, a grade of "C" (not C-) is the minimum acceptable grade.
Total Major Hours: 45 Hours
Major Core Courses - 45 HoursGEY 2000 and MAN 3025 before pogressing with the major coursework.
- GEY 3601 Physical Changes and Aging
- GEY 4507 Understanding Policies and Practices of Long Term Care
- GEY 4508 Health Care Operations
- GEY 4509 Regulatory and Clinical Operations
- GEY 4608 Alzheimer's Disease Management
- GEY 4641 Death and Dying
- GEY 4475 Program Evaluation in an Aging Society
- GEY 4520 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- GEY 4945 Field Placement
- MAN 3301 Human Resource Management
- ISM 3011 Information Systems in Organizations
The following electives are not required for the major but are strongly recommended: